Boot Failure - yes it hurts to be this stupid

Scotchy Rocks

Prominent
May 10, 2017
I purchased the reinstall DVD and the resources and drivers DVD from Zoftar. With my purchase was the option to download them as well and I did so. Once they were on my PC I burned the .iso files to DVD and went about reinstalling Win7. When I ran the resource DVD, it wasnt running like the boot disc did. I thought it was supposed to give me the option to boot it like the first disk. Anyhow I put the disk in my laptop and copied the files to it. I burned another disk and made it bootable. I then ran the disk on my PC and it loaded up info from my laptop. And yes, i realize how stupid this all was now that I'm reading this back. So i received the disks in the mail from Zoftar and I again reinstalled Win7 and but the resource disk wants to install the drivers for an HP, which is what my laptop is. Any ideas?

Can't make out what your issue is here. You got Windows 7 installed correct? And the other disk wants to install HP drivers, your laptop is an HP, what is the issue? Seems like it's all working. Did you read the instructions from the vendor on how to use those disks? Or simply download the drivers yourself.