[SOLVED] Boot HDD from Legacy Bios with UEFI

Dec 7, 2020
Hi guys,

I was wondering if you can help me with the next issue that I am not able to solve on my own.

I read all around and tried all kind of fixes but didn't managed to make it work.

I'm having an older SATA HDD that has Win 7 32bit installed on a laptop that had legacy bios. I am trying to make it boot as an attached USB to a ASUS VivoBook that has an UEFI Bios. I am aware of the errors that will pop up because of the lack of drivers, but I'm hoping to have it run only for a couple of hours and start a licensed piece of software that was installed in that Windows.
The older HDD has MBR, while the new one has GPT from what the Disk Management says.

I'm sorry if I sound stupid asking this, but until 4 hours ago I had no idea what UEFI is.

Is there any way to make that Windows be seen as an UEFI and make it boot or to make the bios work in legacy mode?

Regards

LDm8ih5.jpg

dvh5fgL.jpg

a2IWYlK.jpeg

1CpoVOh.jpeg

Solution
There is no way that you will get a different machine boot from a USB attached W7 drive.
It is extremely unlikely that you could get it to boot if you attached it as an internal drive in a substantially different machine.

RealBeast

Titan
There is no way that you will get a different machine boot from a USB attached W7 drive.
It is extremely unlikely that you could get it to boot if you attached it as an internal drive in a substantially different machine.

Solution