Boot into Black Screen with only cursor.

Cobyh7

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016
So whenever I boot up my laptop, it would do its normal thing with the Asus logo loading screen. However, instead of bringing me to the login screen, I just have a blank black screen. When I move my mouse, it shows the cursor and that's about it.

This just started happening today. For some reason my the wifi on my laptop wasn't working so I decided to restart. However, I had to leave, and closed the lid while it was restarting. After that the computer has just always opened up to a blank black screen with only the cursor. It does the same thing when trying to boot into safe mode. Right now I'm running startup repair and it say's it's fixing disk issues but it has been doing the repairs for way more than an hour now. Please help!

I have an Asus laptop running core i7-6500u and intel HD 520 graphics with 8 GB memory and 1 TB storage.

Photo of stuck loop: http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r514/Coby_LC/IMG_0794.jpg

Colif

Win 11 Master
Its a 1tb hdd, it could still be checking the disk as it can take a few hours.

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

sometimes just going into safe mode can fix this
change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer, on 2nd screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
PC will restart and load safe mode

Cobyh7

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016
As side notes before I try this, I wanted to note that on the disc error repairs/ repair startup, it gets stuck on them. As well on the black screen, I can open up narrator, switch the extend or duplicate monitor. As well with how this occurred. Windows 10 just updated and was conflicting with my MAC address changer program; hence why my wifi adapter got disabled.