Dear User,

after a long Journey of troubleshooting, I finally decided to share the current issue I encounter with you! After searching the forums on the web, I found this one could help me most! This is the Situation:

4 days ago, I got a used pc with a Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R - Motherboard., attached into a "Thermaltake" Case. At the pickup, the PC was running just fine! The prev. Owner took out his system drive and I went home with the pc. First I thought was to upgrade all the hardware and I assembled a "800 W" Power supply from "Strike" , a Water cooling System from "Corse air", 32gb of RAM (2x8 GB from "Corse air" and 4x8GB from "G.Skill RipjawsX"). At this Moment some of you might think, that combining these diverse RAM might be the cause, but it isn't, because I used all these Components for years on my prev. pc. I also installed another Graphic Card "Inno SD iChill GTX 770 Herculez Z X3 Ultra 4GB". Additional I added a "W-Lan Card" von Realtek as well as a brandnew battery for the motherboard.
As I finished, I started the PC. He just turned on and just a second later her turned of. But another second later the PC started to turn on again and booted till to the Bios Screen. But before I can do anythings, the pc turned of, and than he went into a loop, booting to the bios and than turning off. There's neither any sound for booting.

In order to narrow the issue I did these Steps:
  • Checking all the cable connection -> boot to the Bios Screen
  • taking of all SATA connections -> boot to the Bios Screen
  • replacing the RAM with the original one. -> boot to the Bios Screen
  • minimizing RAM's ->I started with only one RAM -> black screen
  • adding original RAM -> back to boot to the Bios Screen
  • replacing Power surge and cooling system with the original one -> boot to the Bios Screen
  • resetting CMOS -> boot to the Bios Screen
  • taking out the battery and wait for couple of minutes -> boot to the Bios Screen
  • loosen screws on CPU -> boot to the Bios Screen
  • taking out the W-lan card -> boot to the Bios Screen
  • I also downloaded the manual from the mb, and tried all the suggested keyboard shortcuts, but it didn't help either.

Since I'm trying for 4 days now to get the pc running, I might forgot some steps I took. But I really searched the forum and tried all suggested steps, provided on similar treats. Before you generously act of advicing me, I need to let you know, that I am not very good with Computer terms. Anyway, I made some images, so you can imagine better about the current situation. It would be very great, if there'd be a solution behind it, and if I can find it here.

Thank you a lot for your attention & maybe even for your help!

These are the images:
the entire system: https://ibb.co/cXD8J0W
cooling system: https://ibb.co/znk8sq6
Boot to BIOS Screen: https://ibb.co/ryy2fVH

"

Last edited:
The split ram could easily be an issue, whether odd packs work together is a pass/fail by the tiniest of margins across maybe 1/2 dozen different design elements, and it could simply be that your new components push you outside of it working.

Do you mean 'Corsair' or 'Corse air', never heard of the of the second one, and it is pretty obvious that they are a clone, and probably poor quality.

I'm also concerned about the PSU in general, it's not going to be good, would it stop you booting probably not.

Screws on CPU should be fairly tight.

When you say 'boot to bios screen' above, is that in a working condition or boot and then fail?

Hey, thank you very much for your quick response! About the RAM: You are right; Its "Corsair Vengeance"! Was my mistake, sorry! At the very beginning I also considered the RAM and I tried to boot with the original RAM, but the issue was still the same :( !
Sorry, I don't understand, what you meant about the PSU? As I mentioned in my intro I also tried to boot with the original PSU. But I had the same issue as before.
About the Screws - I tried in several ways; From tight to almost loose; But nothing has being changed :( ! By saying: "'boot to bios screen'", I meant boot and than fail.
This kind of issue I'd never before with any PC. Since, after the boot failures I switched all components back to the original ones, I can't even gather a logical explanation for why that should happen?