Boot Issue After New CPU

Jason Kraynak

Reputable
Apr 20, 2015
I installed a new CPU on an Asus z87 motherboard. I have two disk drives, one Samsung ssd 128GB and a Seagate 1TB hard drive. I also dual boot using grub to windows 10 and Linux. I have had issues in the past where it would not get passed the initial screen (the one asking if you want to go to BIOS) but it was manageable because it would boot after a few trials.

The issue came today when I installed an Intel Core i5 4950. I saw possibly a couple bent pins when I was removing the old CPU, but it didn't seem bad. I installed the new CPU and it worked fine. I ran a few benchmarks and got the average scores for my hardware. I then put the side panels on my case and moved it to its usual area. Then, when I turned it on, it is stuck at the A2 post code, and not getting past the boot screen. I can't even get into BIOS unless I unplug both of my hard drives.

Jason Kraynak

Reputable
Apr 20, 2015

The thing is that it was working perfectly before I put the side panels to the case on it. It was running for an hour at perfect condition. Would it be worth it to go back to the pins? There isn't an error with the CPU, or at least not a CPU led.