Question Boot issue: ASRock x570 Phantom Gaming 4 + Ryzen 5 3600

Fillip Peyton

Honorable
Jun 17, 2014
Just bought this build and am having no luck turning it on. Everything is connected (24 pin mobo power, 8 pin cpu power, GPU + power and connected to monitor via DP, RAM is installed in correct slots (A2 B2)), but the fans wont turn on when I turn the PSU on. Only when I slightly plug in the 24 pin into the mobo does it turn on the CPU fan and all the lights start to flash (CPU + DRAM mobo leds, GPU lights, front panel power button light). You can see this here.

Build
Describe your problem. List any error messages and symptoms. Be descriptive.
Symptoms:
  • No LED lights turn on with all both 24 pin motherboard power cable and CPU 8 Pin power cable plugged in
  • Taking the motherboard power cable out just slightly makes the CPU and DRAM red LED flash on and off, the power button to flash on/off, GPU lights to flash, and the CPU cooler fan to turn on; fully inserting the cable into the motherboard causes the LEDs to turn off and the fan to turn off. No other fans turn on during this process. Seems like a loose connection somewhere. You can see video of the issue here
List anything you've done in attempt to diagnose or fix the problem.
  • Checked that the RAM is in the correct slots
  • Reseated the RAM
  • Used one stick of RAM across each slot
  • Plugged in and powered my GPU and plugged in a monitor. Same symptoms.
  • I also tried a PSU from a previous build and that gave me the same results; No feedback when its plugged in fully (24 pin + 8 pin) but flashing lights when 24 + 8 pin connectors plugged partially in.
Its sounding like a Mobo power connector issue, since my other known working PSU is working. Is there anything I could be missing before I have to RMA the mobo? Thanks!

Full disclosure, cross-posted this in r/buildapc

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS