[SOLVED] Boot issues

John2090073

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2013
I just installed my new pc and I have windows installed. I am using the icue 150i lcd cpu cooler and I replaced the fans with Lian li 120sls to go with the rest of my fans in my case. With that being said I don’t have any fans plugged into the cpu fan pin as all my fans are running through Lian li fan controller boxes. Whenever I turn my pc on though it gives me an error at the bios screen for not having a cpu fan plugged in. Is there a way to make this go away?

Solution
There may be an option in the UEFI settings to ignore nothing being plugged into the CPU fan header. Otherwise the AIO water cooler should have an RPM readout from the pump to plug into it. If the pump is expected to be controlled via a pump header and your motherboard doesn't have one, plug it into the CPU fan header anyway and just make sure the thing is maxed out at all temperatures.
There may be an option in the UEFI settings to ignore nothing being plugged into the CPU fan header. Otherwise the AIO water cooler should have an RPM readout from the pump to plug into it. If the pump is expected to be controlled via a pump header and your motherboard doesn't have one, plug it into the CPU fan header anyway and just make sure the thing is maxed out at all temperatures.

Solution