[SOLVED] Boot kit help for 5000 series

Stephmt

Honorable
Sep 17, 2014
I am building my first PC , I bought the 5600x ryzen 5 cpu , problem is my mobo I just bought dose not have flashback switch. I have the 570x Asus plus WiFi . So I guess I have to get the boot kit since I have no cpu (other than laptop ) . I don’t know how to use a boot kit , do I need ram and everything to be installed ? It would be helpful to have a step by step

Solution
You will need to request a "Short Term Processor Loan Kit" from AMD (Click here and scroll to the bottom of the page).
Note the instructions, and then click on the link to submit your RMA form.
If approved, AMD will send you a, on a short term loan, a lower end processor that you will install (along with RAM) that will allow you to update your system BIOS (Reference Pg 3-19 of your Motherboard Manual). You will need to use the EZ Flash 3 process, using a USB drive.
Once your BIOS is updated, shut down your system and replace the loaner CPU with your new Ryzen 5 5600X.
Once you're sure your system boots with the new processor, you will need to return the short term loaner processor.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
You will need to request a "Short Term Processor Loan Kit" from AMD (Click here and scroll to the bottom of the page).
Note the instructions, and then click on the link to submit your RMA form.
If approved, AMD will send you a, on a short term loan, a lower end processor that you will install (along with RAM) that will allow you to update your system BIOS (Reference Pg 3-19 of your Motherboard Manual). You will need to use the EZ Flash 3 process, using a USB drive.
Once your BIOS is updated, shut down your system and replace the loaner CPU with your new Ryzen 5 5600X.
Once you're sure your system boots with the new processor, you will need to return the short term loaner processor.

-Wolf sends

Reactions: DMAN999
Solution