Question Boot logo and bios is stretched.

DracoB0T

Reputable
Apr 23, 2020
Dear User,

Hey, I recently installed a clean version of Windows 10 19042.508 from my USB stick. My previous Windows was fine and nothing was wrong with it, I just heard that this new windows is pretty good, even for gaming standards. Of course, I manually debloated it for the best performance. However, for some reason, my boot logo and text for F2 for bios and bios settings are all stretched. Even my windows was stretched until I choose native in Windows settings. This did not fix the stretched boot logo and bios tho and it's really annoying, please HELP!

Could you post your system specs or model.
A monitor should be able to handle the aspect ration when in the BIOS. Check the monitor settings or reset it to default.
On Windows, make sure you have the latest GPU drivers and display settings are configure properly.

By the way, Windows 10 version 2004 was very stable. Early users of the just released Windows 10 version 20H2 might end up being Microsoft testers...helping to iron out bugs in the OS.

DracoB0T

Reputable
Apr 23, 2020
Could you post your system specs or model.
A monitor should be able to handle the aspect ration when in the BIOS. Check the monitor settings or reset it to default.
On Windows, make sure you have the latest GPU drivers and display settings are configure properly.

By the way, Windows 10 version 2004 was very stable. Early users of the just released Windows 10 version 20H2 might end up being Microsoft testers...helping to iron out bugs in the OS.
My PC includes: i7-9700, RTX 2060 and 32GB 2666MHz. AOC 144Hz Monitor. Latest GPU are not the best, of course I am running 422.74. 20H2 has actually given performance increase.

My PC includes: i7-9700, RTX 2060 and 32GB 2666MHz. AOC 144Hz Monitor. Latest GPU are not the best, of course I am running 422.74. 20H2 has actually given performance increase.
Go to AOC and download the drivers for your monitor model. Some settings on the monitor could disable automatic ratio...making the image screeched out.
I have not seen any differences (besides bugs) between 2004 and 20H2 versions on any piece of software and I have been using it since it was in BETA.
What I can tell you is that performing a clean Windows installation makes the system perform a bit better.

DracoB0T

Reputable
Apr 23, 2020
Go to AOC and download the drivers for your monitor model. Some settings on the monitor could disable automatic ratio...making the image screeched out.
I have not seen any differences (besides bugs) between 2004 and 20H2 versions on any piece of software and I have been using it since it was in BETA.
What I can tell you is that performing a clean Windows installation makes the system perform a bit better.
Yes, in Fortnite, I received about 500FPS in lobby. I'm a professional tweaker, so after an hour tweaking and bios, I got 700fps. Before without clean installation,I got 600fps max. So 100FPS increase. However, the stretched boot logo display has not been fixed still.

Yes, in Fortnite, I received about 500FPS in lobby. I'm a professional tweaker, so after an hour tweaking and bios, I got 700fps. Before without clean installation,I got 600fps max. So 100FPS increase.
Does that makes you a better player?
If you have a 144Hz display, getting all those FPS is just making your GPU work harder.
Your display still is going to display just 144FPS.

However, the stretched boot logo display has not been fixed still.
Your BIOS is not detecting your display resolution or is not capable of display the monitor native resolution.
I asked for your system specs, but you did not provide the motherboard or monitor models.
It could be that the BIOS on your motherboard only supports resolutions lower than your monitor.
Some BIOS might only support up to 720p resolution.

DracoB0T

Reputable
Apr 23, 2020
Does that makes you a better player?
If you have a 144Hz display, getting all those FPS is just making your GPU work harder.
Your display still is going to display just 144FPS.

Your BIOS is not detecting your display resolution or is not capable of display the monitor native resolution.
I asked for your system specs, but you did not provide the motherboard or monitor models.
It could be that the BIOS on your motherboard only supports resolutions lower than your monitor.
Some BIOS might only support up to 720p resolution.
Dude, I'm a professional PC tweaker. I tweak PC to get the most juice out of a PC for performance. I don't play the game competitively, okay. My specs are: i7-9700 8-Core, RTX 2060, ASUS H310M-PLUS GAMING REV.2, 32GB of RAM 2666MHz and 2TB Seagate Barracuda Hard drive. I didnt not encounte a stretched issue of boot logo until I clean installed Windows 20H2 v2.

I didnt not encounte a stretched issue of boot logo until I clean installed Windows 20H2 v2.
What's the resolution of your display?
Windows should not have anything to do with your BIOS display resolution.
Disconnect all drives from your motherboard and if Windows is causing it, then it should go back to how it was previously.

I don't have any Asus motherboard in hand, but I checked 3 ASRock 1 MSI and 1 Gigabyte.
2 ASRock support 1080p and 1 supports 720p...MSI 1080p and Gigabyte 1080p.

I have 3 displays (Acer, ASUS & LG ) and the only way it shows the BIOS stretched if I changed the settings on the displays.

Last edited: