Boot Loop at Windows Starting screen

xiTzCriZx

Commendable
Jul 31, 2016
Okay so I've seen this question asked before but the solutions haven't worked for me and my situation is slightly different...
Let's start with specs

I have an HP Pavilion a6110
Stock processor and fans
A 160gb HDD & 320gb HDD
GeForce 9400GT
8gb DDR2 Ram (4gb x 2)
And all the stock ports and power supply
I say stock because they are available on the HP website and I'm posting from my phone with little battery life so I don't have time right now to check the names, if they are needed I can add them later.

I updated the stock bios it was shipped with to a tweakers version (Top of bios screen says Pheonix-Award BIOS CMOS Setup Utility)
It worked and I can edit everything within the bios, but once I get to the screen that says "Starting Windows" after about 5-10 seconds it restarts and posts (1 short beep then boots). I cannot get into the system via safe mode or any other options, and I cannot start via the win 7 CD, everything on the pc is detected correctly also. I do not have a pc I can format the hard drives with and only one of the drives have an os on them (160gb drive). It is win 7 64 bit as well. Any help at all would be appreciated, I do not have any experience with this bios but I enabled everything the tutorial told me to (tutorial was from bios-mods(.)com [sorry not sure if I'm allowed to post links to other sites so I did that] I can give a link if needed). There are no reboots while in bios screen, my pc has been on and in the bios the entire time of writing this. Also, I did reset the cmos a few times so it's nothing conflicting within that.

Solution
Your only real hope here is fairly straight forward. IF you can access your BIOS, and IF the hacked version will allow you to restore the original HP BIOS, you may recover your motherboard. If not, you need to replace the motherboard.

kanewolf

Titan
You flashed a second source BIOS. There are no guarantees. Ask the author of the BIOS.... Which I doubt you will find. Or ask on the source website you got the BIOS.

You may have bricked your PC. You could try a fresh windows install. No idea if that will fix it.

xiTzCriZx

Commendable
Jul 31, 2016
I was informed that the bios worked on my system. How would I do a fresh install of windows with my pc how it is? Do I also have to format my second HDD since it only has files and no OS? Also I thought a bricked pc wouldn't allow access to the bios?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Your only real hope here is fairly straight forward. IF you can access your BIOS, and IF the hacked version will allow you to restore the original HP BIOS, you may recover your motherboard. If not, you need to replace the motherboard.

Solution