Question Boot loop/ blue screen issue with used motherboard ?

Jul 15, 2021
Bought a used and "broken" GA-Z68X-UD3-B3 motherboard to hopefully fix its issues and then OC my 2660k. No such luck.

The seller states: "Recently stopped working after I changed the under volt in BIOS for my 3770k, after that it got stuck in a boot loop." I tried the motherboard in my system and I can't get past the blue screen if I even get to it. A few times it just got stuck on the Windows logo.

What I've tried so far:
  • Cleared CMOS multiple times
  • Tried to Q-flash off of a USB to upgrade or downgrade the BIOS, but couldn't select anything after entering the Q-flash menu
That's pretty much it.

After that, I switched back to my own motherboard, and then it also started blue screening and boot looping. After clearing CMOS again multiple times and a handful of restarts, I swapped my CPU and RAM sticks. Thankfully, after that I could boot Windows and am now using it fine as before.

Has anyone ever had any experience with something like this? Should I just give up or is there a chance that I could possibly get the Z-chip motherboard to work? Any and all ideas are welcome. Thanks.

ASK THE COMMUNITY