Question Boot-loop issue ?

Jun 2, 2023
I have 3 case fans, 2 of which are connected to the psu while the third is connected to the CPU_FAN on the motherboard. All of the fans plus CPU and GPU fans run fine except for the third case fan. The PC turns on and off in a loop, which doesn't make sense since it ran fine in the past on the same connections. I also replaced the old PSU in my PC, but nothing changed. I don't hear any BIOS beeps, no motherboard lights, and the display doesn't work either.

Here are the specs:

• Windows 11 Home OS
  • GTX 970 GPU
  • Ryzen 5 3600 CPU
  • WD 500 GB
  • 8 GB RAM
  • EVGA 750W PSU
  • 2 case fans are sata connection fans while the third is the fan the case came with, 3 pin cable

Jun 2, 2023
Try removing the motherboard battery for about five minutes, then replace and try to start it again. You say you have eight gb ram. If you have 2 sticks of 4gb ram try using one stick of ram at a time to rule out a bad stick.
I have reset cmos using your method, which fixed the case fan problem, and I have also tried every combination of ram but nothing fixed the boot loop. BIOS beep speakers will arrive today so I will install it and see if it can diagnose my problem.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
No, there are two cpu fan headers. At this point i believe the fans have nothing to do with this problem.
Understood, was just trying to understand your config and removing doubt in regards to a possible short condition.

Are you able to access your BIOS before the system restarts itself?

Also, when you swapped out your original PSU, did you remove all installed power cables AND only use the cables that came with the second PSU?

Jun 2, 2023
Understood, was just trying to understand your config and removing doubt in regards to a possible short condition.

Are you able to access your BIOS before the system restarts itself?

Also, when you swapped out your original PSU, did you remove all installed power cables AND only use the cables that came with the second PSU?
the monitor shows no signal, and yes i only used the new psu cables.

Jun 2, 2023
What is the make/model of your motherboard? Before you had this problem, what did you change/install, if anything?

Also, have you had any power issues (outages, brown-outs, lightning strikes, etc.) recently?
My motherboard is Asrock B450 Pro4. Before the issue, I used the same parts since it was built without any problem, and the last power outage I had was over 4-5 months ago

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Do you have access to another PC or a GPU? Intent is to try to isolate the issue.

Try disconnecting all storage devices and anything else except the memory, CPU, CPU cooler, and GPU. You want bare bones config. Power on to see if you can access the BIOS.

Have you looked through this guide?