GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER

4x8GB 3200Mhz G.Skill TridentZ RGB

NZXT Kraken X72 AIO CPU Cooler

MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 2080Ti

250GB M.2 NVMe 970 EVO

2TB Samsung 860 EVO

CORSAIR RM1000x Using Cable Mods Black and White Cables

-What Happens:

Motherboard lights (beside RGB lighting) will light up before hitting the power button, when the power button is hit it will boot up, show nothing on the display, wont post, stays there for about 20 seconds then flickers, turning off and on in an instant. It will stay in this loop until I power it down. Not sure if it's a DOA motherboard or if it's a DOA CPU. Would appreciate any help with this while I try to troubleshoot myself, If I find anything I will keep you all updated! Thank you!

Also note: The CPU Status light is RED

-Things I have tried:

Reseating the CPU, as well as checking for bent pins and damaged socket. (No damage seen)

Swapping Ram, Using one ram stick and trying all four.

Removing GPU all together

Reseating the CPU Cooler, done when I checked the CPU

Cleared CMOS

Solution
I know this isn't a good situation - so first and foremost - I'm sorry!

Second...
Motherboards tend to run 'cheaper' and fail more often than a CPU. But this doesn't mean it can't be the processor. Do you have another CPU you can try? If not, maybe try finding a really cheap 'used' and working CPU off eBay that is compatible with your system. That is your best bet to not spend a bunch of money on either if not needed.

Here's a link: https://www.amazon.com/Intel-Celeron-Desktop-Processor-BX80684G4900/dp/B07938X457/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1547622308&sr=8-1&keywords=Celeron+G4900T
I know this isn't a good situation - so first and foremost - I'm sorry!

Second...
Motherboards tend to run 'cheaper' and fail more often than a CPU. But this doesn't mean it can't be the processor. Do you have another CPU you can try? If not, maybe try finding a really cheap 'used' and working CPU off eBay that is compatible with your system. That is your best bet to not spend a bunch of money on either if not needed.

Here's a link: https://www.amazon.com/Intel-Celeron-Desktop-Processor-BX80684G4900/dp/B07938X457/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1547622308&sr=8-1&keywords=Celeron+G4900T

Solution

KrostiPanel

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017
I have an i5 6500 in my current system that i've been considering trying. I just can't find a compatibility list for CPU's anywhere. Also, If it was a bad motherboard would it have any chance of ruining the i5 6500? If it runs the chance of damaging it I will go ahead and buy what you linked if compatible. Thanks for the quick response!

Generally, if the motherboard is bad, everything else is still good.
Have you breadboarded it fully?
CPU and 1 Ram - disconnect everything else
Plug monitor into motherboard - see if bios comes up or screen.
If it does, then its something else causing the problem.
If it doesn't i'd be inclined to return the motherboard, upon speaking to the people you bought it from.

I do not think it can damage the processor if the socket is bad. Yes I edited my comment because it wasn't in english. lol

KrostiPanel

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017
Just an update, I went ahead and bought the CPU you recommended as it’s really the last thing I can test and It would be nice to have it around. It arrives Friday and after I test it I’ll update. After the test I will know if it’s a DOA Motherboard or CPU.

That's great! I hope it works out in your favor!

KrostiPanel

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017

So I just tested the new CPU and it does the same thing. I also noticed that right before the flicker happens the PSU fan shuts off then back on. Could it be a bad PSU or is this looking more like the motherboard. Note that the CPU status light has been red for both CPUs. This narrowed it down to a PSU or motherboard issue but i'm thinking it's going to end up being the motherboard.