Boot loop on all versions of windows

Aric__

Commendable
Nov 3, 2016
My custom PC was running great for a year I had 3 HDDs spanned together.i reformatted the and changed the back to basic disks to remove one and repair my kids PC.after successfully repairing his I reformated mine to start with a fresh clean windows install. now my PC reboots after loading windows desktop.i have installed Windows 7,8, and 10 all with the same results I can load into safe mode fine but normal goes into boot loop

Aric__

Commendable
Nov 3, 2016
MSI 970a g46 Mobo
Amd 4100 CPU
2x4gig ripjaw 1600 ram
2x2 gig ripjaw 1600
Nvidia GTx 650
Corsair h80 water cooler
Ocz 700sxs PSU
Ocz vertex 2ssd
Toshiba 7200 1 TB HDD

Aric__

Commendable
Nov 3, 2016
Tested PSU with multimeter and every voltage reads correct so ruled out PSU.pc runs in safe mode with networking fine so I believe rules out ethernet port and drivers. Can someone offer any insight?

Aric__

Commendable
Nov 3, 2016
Also tried windows on several different hdd's all with same results. Going to try a different video card maybe? Can't just remove as this Mobo has no onboard video.

Aric__

Commendable
Nov 3, 2016
Temps are fine running between 35 and 40c according to bios, speed fan and core temp. I have been trying solutions I have read about and one solution to go into recovery and fix reg hive says that if the regback files are 0kb find another way to recover. Well mine are 0kb so is that the problem? After a several fresh installs from diff disks and os they are still 0 kB? Not sure how to fix this one as Google produces no answers

Aric__

Commendable
Nov 3, 2016
ATM I'm only using 1 4gig stick till I resolve this. Ran memtest 84 5 passes and all ram checked good. Took PSU out to test with multimeter all rails as they should be. I'll try another GPU tonight. I'm thinking it has to do with that regback folder being 0kb but not sure want to go ahead and rule out hardware

rgd1101

Don't

I though you reinstall the os.

tekno2go

Commendable
Sep 20, 2016
Are you installing the OS with only one hard drive attached?
Faulty SATA cable? Different SATA port?

Is the CMOS battery good?

Use only one hard drive for setup.
Load BIOS defaults.
Boot windows setup.
delete any partitions and create new partition,format.
Install windows.
Install chip set drivers first
Install other drivers

If all else fails and your Video card is okay, try updating your BIOS.

You may have a corrupt BIOS which would cause constant rebooting.

https://ca.msi.com/Motherboard/support/970A-G46.html#down-bios

Aric__

Commendable
Nov 3, 2016
Replaced CMOS battery, updated bios, reinstalled windows, then boot loop. Reset bios reinstalled windows, then boot loop, replaced video card reinstalled windows again boot loop, brand new hdd reinstall then boot loop. I'm at a loss!

tekno2go

Commendable
Sep 20, 2016
Since you have the mobo disc, the first driver you install should be the chipset. I noticed you said you installed the ethernet driver first. Is it on board or an add on card (NIC)? If an add on card, maybe it's faulty?
Does it boot loop after you install the ethernet driver?

If you fresh install an OS and don't install any drivers, does it boot to desktop? Is it stable or still reboots?
Strange thing is you said safe mode works okay? That would usually indicate a software driver issue, unless it's hardware that's faulty under load like the cpu overheating, power supply or video card?

Other possibilities;
wall outlet voltage
power bar or surge protector
power or reset switch on computer case
bent pins on cpu or mobo socket
faulty motherboard

Did you try a new sata cable or different port?

Aric__

Commendable
Nov 3, 2016
OK I'll try to answer your questions the best I can. Ethernet is on board drivers installed from Mobo disc PC will get to desktop then restart. I disabled auto reboot to try to get a stop error but it still reboots. I have replaced video card and hdd with brand new tested power supply and all is well tested ram with memtest and all passed after 16+ hours no reboots during memtest. I did have it running for a few days but it would only stay running when I had world of Warcraft running the moment I exited the game PC would restart. Now I'm back to restarts as soon as windows loads. Even though my temps are good I'm starting to think it maybe the pump on my water cooler sending bad signals that's the only thing I haven't tested or replaced. I am very good with p.c's I have been building and fixing them for years but this one is driving me crazy

Aric__

Commendable
Nov 3, 2016
Wasn't water cooler changed to stock fan and still get random reboots. One thing strange I'm not able to force a bsod! They would be great to get a stop error would make it easier to track down

Aric__

Commendable
Nov 3, 2016
ok still working on this problem and here is an update on progress. I now have a somewhat stable system going again but i am rebooting on games still!
I noticed when i reset and flashed bios that it took me out of overclock mode so just out of curiosity i reenabled my oc which is about a 12.5% oc. (amd4100 3.6ghz stock to 4.05ghz oc) this gave me a slightly stable state! I can browse the web, watch videos,and listen to music. I turn on world of warcraft and get maybe 10 to 15 min in and then i reboot. After reboot it runs fine again until i start wow again! So the next step i took was downloaded and ran occt. (i know none of these programs are as acurate as a multimeter but ive gone that route and the psu tested fine) well occt gives readings on the 12v as 15.14 and spikes to 15.75 then the 5v is reading at 3.3. From my knowledge these are outside of the normal range. When I tested with a multimeter i didnt backprobe i took the psu out so i wouldnt damage anything during testing and i jumped the leads so it would turn on and tested without load. I dont have another psu to test with because my board takes the 8 pin 12v eps plug and all my other psu's have a 4 pin :( I would like to be sure before i spend the money to get another psu but to me it is looking like this is the problem. opinions are greatly appreciated and thanks to the guys that have taken time to offer there knowledge already!