Boot loop or nothing at all.

Jul 23, 2018
Recently had to replace my motherboard and CPU for my computer.(Old one had some bent, and broken pins.)
My problem currently is that when i tried to boot the pc, power gets to the mobo...but when i try to power on the system, nothing happens. I hear what sounds like an attempt to start, but that's about it.
What I've tried, and where I'm at.

Presently I've got just the board, the CPU, cpu fan and one stick of RAM connected.(To include the CPU connector from the PSU).
When i have the cpu chip in, i get nothing, when i pull the CPU-PSU connection however, i basically hit a boot loop.
Additionally, i have the Gigabyte AORUS mobo and the CPU light turns on for the duration of each and every power cycle.
Likewise, my problem persists both in and out of the case. Just want to know where i should start.
P.S. The RAM is fresh out the box this morning, had to buy DDR4 for the new mobo, unboxed the CPU similarly this morning before the install.
The board admittedly was sitting out for a bit not in the bag, just in the box by itself, static proof bag got thrown out. Essentially the mobo is about 2 months old, tho it was never used.

20180723_171307.jpg

Parts
-i7-7700k(LGA1151)
-Z370 AUROS Gaming 7 Mobo
-EVGA Nex750B

Solution

Yeah, replace the MB with a Z270 MB and it will work fine or get a 8th generation CPU... Either way.
Few issues here.

The 7700K isn't compatible with the Z370 MB. (You need a Z270 MB or get a 8th Generation CPU for the Z370 MB like a i7 8700K)

You don't have the CPU power plugged in, won't matter because that Z370 MB won't boot with a 7th Gen CPU anyway.

Jul 23, 2018
Unplugged it just to get the light in the picture, as having it in didn't give me enough time to get the picture. As for the rest i honestly wasn't aware of that. I'll see what i can do about getting it returned and getting a replacement. Thank you for the quick response.
Would you say thats the only problem ive got here, besides the compatibility?
(Leaving this open for now, just until i get the new part.)

Yeah, replace the MB with a Z270 MB and it will work fine or get a 8th generation CPU... Either way.

Solution