Apr 22, 2020
Hey guys!

Recently I bought some new PC parts and I combined those with some I already had.

My old specs:
i7 930
MSI X58 Pro-E
Nvidia GTX 970
Kingston HyperX DDR3 24GB (triple channel 3x8GB)
Corsair RM750x (White)

My new specs:
Ryzen 7 3700X
16GB GSkill TridentZ Neo CL16 3600MHz
X570 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra
Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super
Same PSU

I tested my new components and my PC didn't boot so I tried some troubleshooting and couldn't figure out if the problem was the Mobo or CPU. The PC would shut down 5-10s after passing the bios. Inside the bios the pc would have no problems at all. So I send an RMA for my mobo and they've sent it back telling me there's nothing wrong. Now they tell me send back my ram, cpu and mobo so they can further test this which is fine by me.

But my old build which uses the RTX now. Started have issues since the day I tried my new PC. First off it started boot looping so I shut it down while it was on turned it back on and I got some message telling me a previous overclock wasn't possible. I figured this was caused by the new mobo's bios and went into the old mobo's bios and reset everything. Had no issues when suddenly yesterday my started bootlooping. This time there was no escaping. I tried booting without my drive's, problem persisted. Reseated all the cables, still persists. Until I switched the GPU back to the 970. So suddenly my GPU seems to be the fault here. Once everything worked again I tried switching back over to the RTX card and that worked and I could continue.

Fastforward 1 day (today), I woke up trying to boot my pc for work and it starts bootlooping again.

The old mobo has been completely reset in the process of trying to get it to work yesterday, the cmos clear didn't help on switching back gpu did. My question now is, can this be caused by a setting still or some hardware configured overclock since the components didnt have issues until my new pc had some. Or did the new components cause my PSU to break. If needed I will sent my PSU back to the store as well as I bought it from the same store.

Also there's no screen while the bootloop happens (on the X58 for the record) and the X570 mobo flashes the CPU led befire the pc shuts down so I figure it's a faulty cpu.

If there are questions I'll try and answer them as quick as I can.

Thanks for reading and stay safe!
Billy

Apr 22, 2020
So another update; The old PC remains working but my parts came back from the store. They concluded that the CPU was bad. I've gotten a new CPU (same 3700x), installed it. And... Same problem. PC goes into BIOS fine. 1s after POST and it just shuts down. Tried booting from a USB installer with my clean m2 ssd installed. Tried booting with my old PC's boot ssd. Tried 1 stick of ram. Tried swapping outlet on my power strip. Tried both my monitors. Tried my gtx 970 instead of my 2070 super. All these components are working with my old build. It seems weird to me that the PSU would be the problem as it has no problem with my old build even running the 2070 super. It's barely 1 year old and its 750w should definitely be enough.

At this point I'm out of ideas what to do to fix this. I know no one has answered this post so far but I hope some will answer this and shine a new light.

TRENDING THREADS