boot loop with new rams

ademar9988

Reputable
Apr 20, 2015
So i bought new rams for my pc ( hyper X fury up to 1866 1.5 v ) put them in my computer and started , i entered the bios and changed them to 1600 with cas 10-11-10-30 ( altho i read after that @1600 the cas can be lower) so everything was fine . the next day i try to put 1866 , and boot loop started . did everything : CMOS clear , remove battery etc . Untill i switched back with my old memory ( 1 STICK ONLY ) and the system booted . Now the new RAMS are good, but probably my system doesn t like 1866 , IS THERE a way to somehow " reset " the new ram to 1600 ? like trick the BIOS ? my MB is a z68X ud4 , it s compatible with the new ram i bought ( fro m kingston website)

Solution
Reset the CMOS with no DRAM installed and simply install the Fury by them selves, they operate off PnP so they will set themselves up to the fastest they think they can run. From there you can increase manually the data rate if your CPU's MC (memory controller) can handle the higher data rates

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Reset the CMOS with no DRAM installed and simply install the Fury by them selves, they operate off PnP so they will set themselves up to the fastest they think they can run. From there you can increase manually the data rate if your CPU's MC (memory controller) can handle the higher data rates

Solution