Zaedalzayed

Prominent
May 12, 2019
Hello guys
so i recently decided to upgrade my CPU, and of course i had to change my motherboard and ram with it since its a DDR3 motherboard
Anyway i changed my parts to i5-9600K and Asrock z390 pro4 and corsair vengeance rgb 3200 16 gb
so i took all the parts out and put in the new ones with new cooler master cooler
i put paste and everything seemed to be fine
I turn on the pc and it was on for a minute with no signal on the monitor
then it goes off and on until i turn off the psu
I tried alot of solutions on the internet like
  • 1 stick of ram / no ram / borrowed another stick from a friend still not working
  • with or without gpu (1070 ti)
-resetting cmos
-re installing the cpu
-unplugging the ssd and hdd
I really don’t know..could the gigabyte greenmax 650w be the problem? I reinstalled the previous cpu and mb and it worked just fine..could my new build need more power? Idk but 650w seemed enough
What im afraid of is the motherboard or cpu to be issued I already ran out of RMA time.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
no i had windows installed on my ssd already.

Windows installs, unless they're for a version that is specifically meant to be portable, are not modular in this fashion, like Lego are. The very first thing to do after a motherboard/CPU upgrade, especially when it's a new platform, is a full wipe and reinstall of Windows. While people can sometimes get away with cutting corners (and even some of those that initially do will run into problems weeks or even months down the road), now that you're actually having a problem booting Windows, you absolutely need to have a full, fresh install before diagnosing a problem further.

Zaedalzayed

Prominent
May 12, 2019
Windows installs, unless they're for a version that is specifically meant to be portable, are not modular in this fashion, like Lego are. The very first thing to do after a motherboard/CPU upgrade, especially when it's a new platform, is a full wipe and reinstall of Windows. While people can sometimes get away with cutting corners (and even some of those that initially do will run into problems weeks or even months down the road), now that you're actually having a problem booting Windows, you absolutely need to have a full, fresh install before diagnosing a problem further.
hmmm I really am ok with installing new operating system, but the thing is I can’t even get to the bios even after I unplugged the drivers

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
hmmm I really am ok with installing new operating system, but the thing is I can’t even get to the bios even after I unplugged the drivers

Ah, you're not getting to BIOS? That was unclear from your initial, and a trickier problem, unfortunately.

If you're not even POSTing, I'd go through the checklist on the sticky in the forums.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...ng-about-post-boot-no-video-problems.1285536/

A lot of that stuff is basic, but going through the checklist again, one step at a time, has resolved a lot of issues people have. Sometimes you do something stupid, even people with a ton of experience. I once took a build all the way back to breadboard before I realized the PSU wasn't actually plugged into the wall.

Latest posts