Question Boot loop after a power outage ?

Jun 30, 2024
So the power went out yesterday while pc was sleeping and now my pc doesn't POST.
The Ez Debug LEDs show nothing wrong, but when it gets to the VGA LED it restarts.
Sometimes I get the brand name on screen and sometimes not.

EZ Debug LEDs go like this:
CPU red
DRAM yellow
VGA white

Specs:
MBD: MSI PRO B660M-A WIFI DDR4
CPU: Intel i5-12600k
GPU: Sapphire Radeon 7900 XTX
RAM: Patriot Viper DDR4 3200MHz 64GB (2 x 32GB) C16
PSU: Seasonic FOCUS-GX-1000, 80+ Gold

I have breadboarded the pc trying everything one by one, external components included. I even tried a working previous PSU I had with only cpu and ram installed but still got the same problem. I used the clear CMOS jumper on the board.

Due to what happened I think maybe bios is corrupted. I'm trying to get some other ideas to try out since I have tried everything I could think of.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If the BIOS is corrupt, then you have no way to recover it unless you use a CH341A BIOS programmer. It's times like this that a board with a BIOS flashback button comes in handy. Are you yet within the motherboard warranty period? If so, see if you can initiate an RMA. Have you ruled out the rest of your parts to be working? Test them out on a donor platform.

Jun 30, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If the BIOS is corrupt, then you have no way to recover it unless you use a CH341A BIOS programmer. It's times like this that a board with a BIOS flashback button comes in handy. Are you yet within the motherboard warranty period? If so, see if you can initiate an RMA. Have you ruled out the rest of your parts to be working? Test them out on a donor platform.
Thank you for the welcome and reply.

Yeah but you only give credit to features like those when you actually need them.
The only things I haven't tested are the cpu and mobo because I have nothing to test them.

I have also disconnected CMOS battery for five minutes and reseated cpu still the same thing.

Feb 2, 2024
Welcome to the sad messed up reality of todays PCs, this kind of thing is just the norm now. Its not due to needing BIOS updates or CMOS clearing, its just due to good old human incompetence, many motherboards, ssds, ram etc are unreliable and dont work properly. Then you got all these crap tech they force on us that just makes things worse.
Todays pcs are like a modern car, you drive over a pothole and it goes into limp mode, sad but its reality. The only hope one has here is using brute force, buy a new mobo, if it doesnt fix it, buy new psu, ram, reinstall windows etc.

May 29, 2024
i think my new MSI build just did the same thing. The power went out a few days while i was out and my PC started fine that day
BUT this morning it stalled on the CPU red , Ram Yellow ez debug lights for long enough for me to reset it once then waiit another 3 minutes till i finally was booting up my laptop as a backup and then a good 4 minutes later it starts to boot.
IM now using the new build but should i be worried?
Abrand new system with exception of GPU, system cost me almost 1400 cdn and its gonna die in a week?