Boot looping after installing additional RAM

er3smith

Reputable
Sep 6, 2015
Hi all,

I am currently experiencing a boot loop with my computer after installing additional RAM.
I had built this computer about three weeks ago and initially had issues with boot looping, which was resolved by changing the SATA mode selection from AHCI to IED. This new build had G.Skill Ares F3-1600C9D-8GAO 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 and was working fine. However, today I also installed my old RAM (G.Skill ECO F3-12800CL9D-4GBECO (2x2GB)) in the extra slots, and upon booting the computer would show the Gigabyte splash screen, think for 3-4 seconds and then go black. It then loops continually between thinking briefly and shutting off. It has not reached the windows loading screen.

I removed the old RAM but this issue still persists. I have tried the common solutions posted (double checked RAM positioning, took one out and tried different slots, loaded the BIOS defaults) to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

Specs:
Intel Core i5 4690K
AMD Radeon R9 390
Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H
Seasonic M12II 620W EVO Edition Bronze
G.Skill Ares F3-1600C9D-8GAO 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3
Boot drive: Samsung 830 series SSD
Hard drives: Seagate ST31000528AS 1TB and Western Digital WD Green WD20EZRX 2TB

er3smith

Reputable
Sep 6, 2015
Hi getochkn, resetting the CMOS didn't work.
But i did figure it out. I disabled the integrated graphics in the BIOS and it was able to boot successfully. Not sure why it was enabled but turning it off did the trick.