Question Boot Looping problem

Aug 13, 2020
Hello guys. I'm fairly new here and I don't know where to ask questions. So the problem is, a few months ago, my pc started this randomly restarting for no reason but only when I'm gaming. I thought it was an over heating problem so what I did was purchase a new CPU Fan (since I was still using the stock cooler) and also added 5 more case fans (1200 rpm) to improve airflow but the problem persisted.

What I tried next was whenever I was gaming, I turn the AC on and open the unit and blow air directly from a stand fan to the unit. It worked for a while up until last week where it restarted again but this time it got stuck in boot loop for good (.5 secs turn on, restart, repeat).

I reseated everything and got it working for a few while but then it happened again. I tried isolating the GPU but it's still the same. What I found out is either I have to reconnect the ATX 12v to the motherboard or reseat the CPU to at least have the pc turn on a little longer than the usual .5 secs boot loop but it still restarts though after a while.

I don't know what's the problem of my unit. I'm thinking it's either the CPU, Mobo, or the PSU. It's a fairly old rig but it gets the job done, well, up until atbleast last week.

I checked the 12v, 3.3v and 5v output of the PSU from aida and everything seems to work well. I also checked the temp for the cpu before it shuts off and it's usually 35°.

Here's my setup:
Processor - Intel i7 4770k
Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H
Ram - 4x8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro
PSU - XFX Pro 750W 80plus Bronze XXX edition black
GPU - 4gb Sapphire RX570
Case - Cooler Master Storm Trooper II

simonyeeklang

Distinguished
BANNED
Aug 22, 2011
Have you download Open hardware monitor to check properly?
have you clean out the dust from the cpu, gpu and case fan?
And also remove the dust accumulated on the power supply?

I usually carry my setup to the factory and use the compressed air and blow everything clean and then pack the pc back home and turn it on.
And it's clean and runs (Every 3 months)

So once a while the Heatsink compound will dry off. (4 years)
I will get alcohol, Arctic Silver

Remove all the old heatsink compound and clean using the alcohol, wipe clean, and keep clean.
Reapply the arctic silver compound and put everything together.
and will check the temperature using the Open Hardware monitor.

On top of that, I have Cal-lab Lightning Isolator to prevent electrical surge and lightning surge.
That last motherboard was MSI and memory lasted me 7 years until I gave it away.
Now upgrade to Ryzen 7, MSI mobo.

Gaming with it yes I do but also I do harddisk maintenance, like defrag,
Run CCleaner and once a while glance at the temperature monitor.
Dust is a computer primary enemy.
With the dust like that, you will definitely do damage.
You cannot be too careful
Dust first will cover the component, create a blanket layer after a while it will heat up component
If you don't clean it, next you find it will static short the components together.
then after that a direct electrical short (time to say goodbye).
It also clogs fans and heatsink vents in Power supply, GPU and CPU.

For those who smoke, If you see the inside of your computer image the same thing inside your lungs.
Brown or Black and smell like a cigarette dump (nicotine blanketing).

Reactions: aaaaronjmnz
Aug 13, 2020
Have you download Open hardware monitor to check properly?
have you clean out the dust from the cpu, gpu and case fan?
And also remove the dust accumulated on the power supply?

I usually carry my setup to the factory and use the compressed air and blow everything clean and then pack the pc back home and turn it on.
And it's clean and runs (Every 3 months)

So once a while the Heatsink compound will dry off. (4 years)
I will get alcohol, Arctic Silver

Remove all the old heatsink compound and clean using the alcohol, wipe clean, and keep clean.
Reapply the arctic silver compound and put everything together.
and will check the temperature using the Open Hardware monitor.

On top of that, I have Cal-lab Lightning Isolator to prevent electrical surge and lightning surge.
That last motherboard was MSI and memory lasted me 7 years until I gave it away.
Now upgrade to Ryzen 7, MSI mobo.

Gaming with it yes I do but also I do harddisk maintenance, like defrag,
Run CCleaner and once a while glance at the temperature monitor.
Dust is a computer primary enemy.
With the dust like that, you will definitely do damage.
You cannot be too careful
Dust first will cover the component, create a blanket layer after a while it will heat up component
If you don't clean it, next you find it will static short the components together.
then after that a direct electrical short (time to say goodbye).
It also clogs fans and heatsink vents in Power supply, GPU and CPU.

For those who smoke, If you see the inside of your computer image the same thing inside your lungs.
Brown or Black and smell like a cigarette dump (nicotine blanketing).

My unit is pretty clean to be honest. I purchased a new tower cpu cooler (I've been using the intel stock cooler for so long) for my setup and a new set of case fan (1200 rpm). I've made sure to remove the sticker from the cpu cooler and applied the right amount of thermal paste. I've tried peaking in to the psu from the holes to see if it's already clogged with dusts, but so far I think it's still clean but I'm still not so sure about that since I haven't cleaned my psu for a long time.

Aug 13, 2020
My board has a debug code LED pre installed and sometimes it doesn't show anything but most times, before restarting, it shows error 15. Which, when I consulted from the manual, means pre-memory north bridge initialization. I don't know how to make out of that and I also don't know if that's what causes the restart from the first place.