Boot mode help

alii98

Reputable
Nov 6, 2016
Hi,I have a lenovo v110-15isk which I upgraded with an ssd and have a little problem with the bios
I once updated the bios(dumb me) and I got stuck in boot menu,unable to select something,as nothing happened,and I had to access bios and set boot mode to legacy
Everything works now
However,I guess I need uefi for a faster experience,but I am stuck in boot menu,any ideas?

brandonclone1

Honorable
Mar 26, 2014
When you reboot your laptop, do you see the Lenovo logo? That splash screen should tell you which button to press to enter the UEFI/BIOS. Common buttons are F2, F12, Enter, Esc or Del. You may need to try each key one at a time when rebooting until you figure out which one your laptop uses.

Or, if you have Windows 10 installed, hold the Shift key when rebooting and you will enter Recovery mode. There is a setting that allows you to boot to UEFI/BIOS

brandonclone1

Honorable
Mar 26, 2014
Boot into the BIOS and change the boot mode setting back to UEFI.

If your Windows installation was installed on an MBR partitioned disk, you will need to format the hard drive and reinstall Windows. As long as UEFI is not in legacy mode, the Windows 10 installer will set up as GPT partitioned.