Boot / No Display

May 17, 2018
Hi,
I have a pc that on restart or reboot will not bring up the display, but if i shut the power off and turn it back on it will bring the display up. Now I replaced the memory a few months ago with brand new and my original video card went out yesterday(it would do the same thing). During the process of fixing/replacing the video card I reseated the ram, video card, and checked all connections were tight. I have had this issue since I was assigned this pc. It is getting frustrating having to do a restart everytime I do updates or the scheduled reboot. Any help would be great. Everything runs tip top once it comes up.

Solution
Same symptoms on my PC a few years ago - - was doing it from day one of it being built.

Fixed it by updating the BIOS (curiously though, none of the updates on offer mentioned that problem but I updated anyway just on a hunch & it paid off).

No guarantees it will work for you though, I'm just telling you what I did, and of course updating the BIOS carries a PC health warning that's worth bearing in mind.
Same symptoms on my PC a few years ago - - was doing it from day one of it being built.

Fixed it by updating the BIOS (curiously though, none of the updates on offer mentioned that problem but I updated anyway just on a hunch & it paid off).

No guarantees it will work for you though, I'm just telling you what I did, and of course updating the BIOS carries a PC health warning that's worth bearing in mind.

Solution