[SOLVED] Boot or POST issue following power outage

Oct 30, 2020
My PC automatically rebooted just fine after the outage, but wasn't getting any internet, so I restarted the machine. Now it turns on, but there's no signal to the monitors. There's power to the peripherals, but they don't function (caps lock/num lock lights are on but pressing those keys doesn't do anything). MOBO lights up, CPU fan spins and lights up, and there's no beep code or anything.

I've tried different HDMI outputs on the GPU and MOBO, reseating RAM and GPU, resetting CMOS, and booting without the GPU, but have had no success. I'd guess I have a fried motherboard, but I have no way to verify it.

Parts:
MSI X470 Gaming Plus ATX AM4
RX 580
Ryzen 2700x with stock fan
(2x) G.Skill 8GB DDR4 3200 RAM
EVGA 650 G3 Gold

Solution
if that other psu didnt work at all then i would try another. or maybe the same one again you may have not had a cable plugged in fully

if you get the same with a different psu your next step is to test the cpu in another compatable machine i used my moms b450 and found my cpu was fine then checked tne ram and was left with only the MB as possible problem i know its a nightmare but better to check them all instead of sending a part back when its not the faulty one or not the only faulty one

curley81

Proper
Sep 12, 2020
when this happened to me i had to send MB back and get a new one i had msi x470 gaming M7 ac. but read it could also be PSU you should try a different PSU and if its the same fear the worst the MB is broken. mine did also start up first time after power surge but then died upon restart

curley81

Proper
Sep 12, 2020
the PSU should work i swapped a corsair RM1000x with a 850w evga and i still had lights on but no boot you should have ezdebug lights on that MB which light or lights are on when you turn on? mine had CPU and RAM lights on they are the 4 red lights near the 24pin atx labelled cpu, ram, gpu, and boot

where ever the problem is along the boot up the light will stay on

Oct 30, 2020
Ah I wasn't aware of those debug lights, thanks. When I power it on, the CPU light turns on for a couple seconds and then turns off. None of the other lights turn on.

curley81

Proper
Sep 12, 2020
if that other psu didnt work at all then i would try another. or maybe the same one again you may have not had a cable plugged in fully

if you get the same with a different psu your next step is to test the cpu in another compatable machine i used my moms b450 and found my cpu was fine then checked tne ram and was left with only the MB as possible problem i know its a nightmare but better to check them all instead of sending a part back when its not the faulty one or not the only faulty one

Solution
Oct 30, 2020
I just ordered a new MOBO. I was able to test a different CPU and yet another PSU over the weekend. Thanks for the help, I'll let you know if it solves it.