Question Boot order messed up Asus Z97 Deluxe -- can't save changes in BIOS

Mar 7, 2020
The boot order of my Asus Z97 Deluxe motherboard is getting mixed up, when I boot the PC one out of five times gets over in auto repair what is not possible because (I now found out) the boot sequence is messed up. Now I know what to do and that is to look in the BIOS for the boot order, again this wrong the first was the Western Digital HDD storage and sometimes the DVD player. After I changed it again, and COULD NOT save settings (you have not made any changes to the BIOS settings) PC just started again quickly.

I Googled and this is not a new problem, there are proposed several possible causes or solutions; eg

1st) reset CMOS memory. (don’t know how on my MOBO
2nd) Remove the battery (is reset) and replace the security. (which I did)
3rd) Make sure all cables are connected properly. (I did)
4th) It can also be a starting failure of the SSD with Windows on it ( It seems to be oke)
5th) It may also be voltage of memory module (don’t know about this)

Windows is fresh installed and updated

Does anyone know how I can save the settings again of the bios?

sorry for my english

Windows 10 Pro x64bit (legitiem)

Case: Fractal Design Define R5
MOBO: Asus Z97-Deluxe ATX LGA-1150
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k
CPU-Cooler: Scythe Mugen 4 PCGH
RAM: G.Skill DDR3 Ripjaws-X 2x8GB 1600MHz
PSU: Corsair RM series RM750
GPU: Asus Strix GTX970-DC20C-4GD5
SSD: Samsung 850 Pro Series 500GB (Windows)
SSD: Crucial MX500 500GB
HDD: WesternDigital WD40EZRZ
HDD: Seagate ST4000DM004

Keyboard: Logitech Illuminated K740
Mouse: Razer DeathAdderElite
Mousepad: Steelseries
Headphones: Steelseries
Speakers: Creative
Monitor: Iiyama ProLite GB2773HS

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you check and see which BIOS version you're currently working with? As for your BIOS settings save, you should be able to hit F10 or go to the last tab on the BIOS menu and you should see a Save & Exit option.

FYI, if you're working with Windows 10, you should have Windows Boot Manager as your primary boot device, not the HDD or ODD or any other drive, just plain and simple Windows Boot Manager.

Mar 7, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you check and see which BIOS version you're currently working with? As for your BIOS settings save, you should be able to hit F10 or go to the last tab on the BIOS menu and you should see a Save & Exit option.

FYI, if you're working with Windows 10, you should have Windows Boot Manager as your primary boot device, not the HDD or ODD or any other drive, just plain and simple Windows Boot Manager.

Hello,
My bios version is 2903 it is the latest
And Windows Boot Manager is primary but when I hit F10 or safe & exit I get 'you have not made any changes to the BIOS settings'
Boot order is for about five times start up oke before its gets messup

Last edited: