Question Boot order problem

Jan 1, 2022
Currently, I've upgraded my Acer Aspire V3-471 laptop with and Crucial SSD and my old Toshiba HDD went into caddy. When I 1st installed fresh windows on SSD boot and everything was fine. So, days later when I installed my HDD in caddy then, my laptop was unable to boot. The boot order in bios (F2) only showing the HDD not the SSD. Whereas in boot devices page(F12) both my devices showing and I have to choose my SSD to boot up every time. Any solution to change the default boot device?

oDGz6R.jpg
gXoByX.jpg

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When you migrated the HDD to the caddy, did you make sure to format the HDD(and remove all partitions from said drive) and then remove the HDD from the laptop while you installed the OS onto the SSD? Might want to mention the model for the SSD used. As for your laptop, are you sure the laptop is up to date with the latest BIOS version?

Reactions: murali95
Jan 1, 2022
I’m using MX500 500gb 2.5 Crucial SSD.
I think my BIOS is okay bcoz my laptop is pretty old one the last time I checked it’s up to date.
And my mistake, I migrated windows from my HDD when I first started using the SSD and didn’t install a fresh one. And also didn’t format the HDD to retain my personal files. But, recently my laptop went into another blue screen problem and I installed a fresh windows into SSD without the HDD in caddy. However, the problem still persist when HDD in caddy installed. Do I need to wipe my HDD to solve this??