Question Boot problem during laptop reset, and white screen when I try safe mode ?

Sep 16, 2022
Hi everyone!
I was trying to reset my laptop (with the reset tool in the Windows 10 update settings), but after I did so, I couldn't get past the welcome screen saying that it couldn't connect to the server. I tried to follow some youtube tutorials, but to no avail. While doing so, I tried booting my computer in safe mode, but all I get when I do that is a white screen.
I tried opening the task manager when in that white screen, through which I checked if my Graphic Card driver was up to date and it was. I am really out of options. Can anyone help?

PS: I reset my computer twice to see if that would change anything, and NB I reset it to reinstall Windows from the version I have on my laptop.

Colif

Win 11 Master
resets don't always end well.

I would suggest a clean install - was it a factory reset or were you keeping files and settings?

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

if you were keeping files/settings
Boot from installer
  • on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
  • choose troubleshoot
  • choose advanced
  • choose command prompt
  • type notepad and press enter
  • in notepad, select file>open
  • Use file explorer to copy any files you need to save to USB or another hdd
Once you copied everything or if it was a factory reset,

boot from installer
follow this guide: https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/

note: its possible the installer will see the reset process and tell you to restart PC without USB in to continue. This won't work. What we might have to do is wipe the drive before it will let you continue installing again
Boot from installer
On screen after language choice, pick repair pc, not install
Pick troubleshoot
Pick advanced
Pick Command Prompt
Type diskpart and press enter
Type list disk and press enter
This will show the list of drives currently attached to PC, make note of the drive number of the drive you want to wipe
If Disk 1 is the drive you want to clear, type select 1) and press enter. A message will confirm it is selected
Warning: Diskpart Erase/Clean will permanently erase/destroy all data on the selected drive. Please be certain that you are erasing the correct disk.
Once you sure its right disk, type Clean and press enter
The Command Prompt window will display the message "DiskPart succeeded in cleaning the disk". Close out of the Command Prompt window by clicking the red X in the upper right hand corner.