Question Boot problem & solid white light on motherboard ?

Sep 20, 2020
Specs: Nvidia 1070 GTX, i7-9700k, 2x8 RAM Corsair, ASUS z390a MOBO, Samsung EVO SSD, 750 watt PSU.

First off I have multiple issues going on right now (posting for a friend). It has happened three different time where I power on my PC, the lights and fans turn on but there is no output on my monitor. I have fixed this by unplugging the displayport cable and plugging it back in. There is a solid white light above the RAM.

I'm concerned that there is an underlying issue somewhere because with that happening intermittently, I have been getting 100% disc usage when I play games on task manager. When this happens I usually get stuttering in game followed by a BSOD accompanied with a WHEA uncorrectable error. This only happens while gaming. Now when I attempt to boot on my PC it goes straight to BIOS and my SSD in not under bootable devices.

Everything is under a year old besides my GPU and PSU.

I have done a fresh install of Windows 10 and it has happened since. Temps have been fine. I am putting a brand new SSD tomorrow to see if that fixes the issue.

Is the SSD full ? What does the SSD manufacturers software say about the drives health ?

If the SSD checks out then the PSU immediately becomes suspect as it sounds like it lacks the surge capacity to start up the system reliably.

You may actually have a combination of a failing SSD and borderline PSU but one thing at a time...I'd check the SSD health first.

Sep 20, 2020
Is the SSD full ? What does the SSD manufacturers software say about the drives health ?

If the SSD checks out then the PSU immediately becomes suspect as it sounds like it lacks the surge capacity to start up the system reliably.

You may actually have a combination of a failing SSD and borderline PSU but one thing at a time...I'd check the SSD health first.
Getting a new SSD tonight, but current SSD (Samsung EVO 980 pro (NVMe m.2) 1TB, is only about half full. And I somewhat wondered about a combination of of the two malfunctioning as well. PSU is Corsair 750w, but it is over 5 years old and has been used for extensive gaming.