Question Boot problem with NVME SSD

Feb 9, 2020
Hi Everyone,
I have a new build.
When my CPU, RAM and GPU are installed I can enter the Bios. If I add my NVME SSD the computer will freeze and I cannot even go into the BIOS anymore (Q-code 06 Microcode loading appears). No any other SSD or HDD are installed.
Components are the following :
Asus Rog Strix 570-e motherboard
Western digital SN550 1TB SSD nvme
Gigabyte radeon 5700 XT GPU

I think myself something is maybe wrong with the SSD, but not sure how I can test except buying an external case.

Could please somebody give some advice on this issue.

Best regards,

Robin

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
See your mobo manual, p. 3-15 regarding configuring the PCIE16_3 slot. The details are not completely clear to me, but what is apparent is that the M2_2 slot on your mobo (but not, apparently, the other M2 slot) interacts with that third PCIE16 slot. In the default Auto confoguration for that PCIE16_3 slot speed, it will change its speed according to what is installed in the M2_2 slot.

So, do you have the M2 unit in the M2_2 slot? And, if yes, do you have some card installed in the PCIE16_3 slot? They may be conflicting. So move one of those. Often placing your M2 unit in the other M2_1 slot will solve this dilemma.

Feb 9, 2020
Thanks for the replies. I tried both M2 slots and with both it is not working. I tried it also on exactly the same type of motherboard as a friend has the same but also it does not work.
So i fear that something is wrong with the ssd.