Question Boot problem with xmp asus rog maximus xi hero wifi z390

Oct 1, 2019
Hello i would like to know if my ram is supported for the Asus rog maximus xi hero wifi z390 here is a link to it https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07D5RBR2P/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 as ive been having problems when turning my pc on, it will turn on for a second then turn off then back on again. This only happens when i put it on xmp mode as i want it to run at its 3200 mhz speed otherwise the most i can get out of it is 2933 mhz without it running into the turn off and on problem. ive downloaded all newsest drivers for the motherboard and cpu and graphics card and bios updates and the motherboard says it can handle speeds way over 2933 mhz.
This is the ram model number CMW32GX4M4C3200C16
system spec are :
cpu-intel core i9 9900k
gpu-geforce gtx 970
ram-corsair vengeance rgb pro 32gb 3200mhz
storage-samsung ssd 860 evo 1tb
psu-corsair 850 w 80+ gold full modular atx

Also this is my first ever build so go easy on me and any help would be appreciated. And yes i will be upgrading the gpu just need to get this problem sorted first. Thank you :)

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2019
It said no errors so I'm honestly confused as to why I can't properly power on my pc in xmp mode I'm going to try one last thing and that is wipe my disk drive completely and start again but if anyone else has any ideas please let me know thanks

Oct 1, 2019
As the ram is all working fine I tried running with 2 sticks instead of 4 in all combinations to see if that would work plus the dual set up to make sure it wasn't that but unfortunately it was not that. Still strugerling to find a fix for this I'm very desperate for help.