[SOLVED] Boot Problems on new AMD 3600x build

Dec 4, 2019
I just finished building a pc for my parents and set it up for them over thanksgiving. It seemed to be running very well on benchmarks and stress tests. When building it I had some minor issues with the bios flash on the mobo but got everything up and running.

Now, whenever the pc goes to sleep or is turned off they have been having issues getting it to boot up again. I live 10 hours away and am back home now so I can't troubleshoot it in person, but have someone there who can do any of the physical troubleshooting needed.

Here's the details of the boot issue:
Upon trying to boot/wake the pc, the fans all come on, but the EZ-Debug on the mobo comes on and shows a CPU error. It never makes it to the MSI boot screen, the fans just sit there and run but nothing else happens. If you try to reboot immediately it does the same thing, however if you let it sit with the fans running for 3-5 minutes and then reboot then it boots up normally and works great (no EZ Debug light). It's almost as if the pc needs to "warm-up" for a few minutes before it will fully boot.

-Mobo bios is updated to the latest release
-GPU drivers are all properly installed
-Chipset drivers were all updated

I'm fairly new to PC building but know my way around them pretty well, but I have no idea what would be causing something like this. What are my next steps?

PC Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
Motherboard: MSI B450M GAMING PLUS Micro ATX
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory
Storage: Sabrent Rocket 256 GB M.2-2280 NVME
Storage: Seagate FireCuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM SSHD
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 570 8 GB ARMOR OC
Power Supply: Rosewill Photon 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit
Case Fans: 4 Noctua NF-P12 redux-1300 PWM 54.32 CFM 120 mm Fan