Boot problems, possible mobo

coreyobrien

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012
I've gotten good advice here before so I come back to see if you guys can help again.

Recently my computer was running fine then one morning it wouldn't boot. I've got power to my fans, but the LED light on my tower that shows hard drive usage is solid instead of blinking then my computer restarts itself after 3 - 5 seconds and then the LED light turns off or turns real dim, and the computer doesn't do anything else. No picture on my monitor, no "VGA no signal' error on it.

I tried taking the RAM out and starting it and it beeps at me indefinitely until I turn it off then put it back in and same issue. I changed the gpu, vga/dvi cables, different monitors, one monitor, dual monitors. I have a windows cd and it won't boot from cd because that's what I had it set to on my bios. Pressing f8 doesn't boot to bios or anything. It sounds like a motherboard issue, but before I RMA it (bought it like a year and 4 months ago) or have to buy a new one I would see if I could get any fixes or second opinions.

EDIT:
MOBO: asus sabertooth z77
GPU: MSI GTX 780
CPU: i5 3570k
PSU: CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W

So I disconnected everything, even unmounted my mobo. Cleaned all of the parts, there wasn't much dust. Checked for bent pins, they all seemed straight. Took my cpu heatsink off, cleaned it and the cpu off, reapplied thermal paste. redid all the wiring, put it back together and same issue. I'm at work now, and the only thing I can think of doing now would be to attach all of my components to my girlfriend's mobo and see if I'm more successful. I attached all my components one by one aside from my psu to her computer already when I first had the issue. It's pointing more and more to my mobo, but if anyone's had any other fixes for a similar problem I'm all ears.