Boot problems

Someone was cleaning trojans and worms out of my computer, and it seems they
have deleted an essential system start-up file. When I turn on my computer
now it gets to the part where you choose your operating sys tem (WinXP or the
recovery console) and then flashes and restarts completely. Doesn anyone
have anyidea what file would do that, or where I can get a boot disk or files?

Thanks

Lecho

map

"Lecho" wrote:

> Someone was cleaning trojans and worms out of my computer, and it seems they
> have deleted an essential system start-up file. When I turn on my computer
> now it gets to the part where you choose your operating sys tem (WinXP or the
> recovery console) and then flashes and restarts completely. Doesn anyone
> have anyidea what file would do that, or where I can get a boot disk or files?
>
> Thanks
>
> Lecho

I can't say for sure that this is your problem,but it is worth a look at.
http://www.lavasofthelp.com/articles/v6/04/06/0901.html

"Lecho" <Lecho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Someone was cleaning trojans and worms out of my computer, and it seems
they
> have deleted an essential system start-up file. When I turn on my
computer
> now it gets to the part where you choose your operating sys tem (WinXP or
the
> recovery console) and then flashes and restarts completely. Doesn anyone
> have anyidea what file would do that, or where I can get a boot disk or
files?

> Thanks
>
> Lecho

The boot disk is your XP disk. Boot from it and run the repair install.

HTH
-pk