We are using XP Professional on a Compaq Presario 700 for
2 1/2 years. We recently bought a LinkSys adaptor to go
wireless and since loading the program we have not been
able to boot except through Safe Mode and eventually we
can get in standard mode. Please help us find a sight to
check our boot instructions to correct the start-up
problem.
Many thanks in advance,
Need Your Help

Mohan

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2004

Hi ,
If it is after installing the wireless adapter your comp doesnot work try
removing the adapter, make sure it is compatible with windows xp. also do we
get any error on booting??
Could be that the system files are corrupted. could you put in some more
information

"Need Your Help" wrote:

> We are using XP Professional on a Compaq Presario 700 for
> 2 1/2 years. We recently bought a LinkSys adaptor to go
> wireless and since loading the program we have not been
> able to boot except through Safe Mode and eventually we
> can get in standard mode. Please help us find a sight to
> check our boot instructions to correct the start-up
> problem.
> Many thanks in advance,
> Need Your Help

Thank you for your response. The wireless adaptor has been configured and
works properly. During the process, I think the boot files have been
corrupted. I can only start my computer in SAFE mode and after numerous (30
or more minutes of rebooting) I can usually get passed the start-up and get
the computer up - usually after several SAFE mode starts. Is there a
diagnostic that will correct this problem.
Thanks for the help. BuggyWhip