Question Boot screen show time

NATHAN BURMA

Prominent
Mar 8, 2020
Hi there,
Recently I bought a second hand hp Z800 workstaion. I would like to ask you about booting time of the machine. The problem is when I turn the power on, to see Hp blue screen logo screen it takes around 35 sec, it doesn't show up straight away and also stand still for about 20 sec in there, then windows logo come up . To reach up to windows logo, boot time takes about one min. I am using with SSD but loading the windows is fine. There is no problem when running the pc for many hours. Do you think it is normal? Do you guys have any idea? The processors are intel xeon X5675 -3.0 each and 96 gb rams. Power supply 1100 W. I wonder if someone has ever experienced the situation.Thanks.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to see what the version of the OS is(if you're on Windows 10) and you will also need to state the SKU for your prebuilt workstation.

The PSU came with the system? In the interim period, make sure your BIOS is up to date for the worrkstation.

NATHAN BURMA

Prominent
Mar 8, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to see what the version of the OS is(if you're on Windows 10) and you will also need to state the SKU for your prebuilt workstation.

The PSU came with the system? In the interim period, make sure your BIOS is up to date for the worrkstation.
Thanks for your questions. My OS is windows 10 64bit pro wit latest update and SKU is hp z800 (FF825AV). And of course PSU came with the system, bios is updated to the latest.

kanewolf

Titan
Hi there,
Recently I bought a second hand hp Z800 workstaion. I would like to ask you about booting time of the machine. The problem is when I turn the power on, to see Hp blue screen logo screen it takes around 35 sec, it doesn't show up straight away and also stand still for about 20 sec in there, then windows logo come up . To reach up to windows logo, boot time takes about one min. I am using with SSD but loading the windows is fine. There is no problem when running the pc for many hours. Do you think it is normal? Do you guys have any idea? The processors are intel xeon X5675 -3.0 each and 96 gb rams. Power supply 1100 W. I wonder if someone has ever experienced the situation.Thanks.
My experience with Z800s is similar. They don't boot quickly. And 96GB RAM slows it even more.

Reactions: NATHAN BURMA