Boot selection failed 0xc000000e. Now PC won't turn on.

accessingone

Reputable
Oct 18, 2014
2 days ago I changed from a GTX 970 to a 1080. Today, i received the 0xc000000e error. Rebooted with Win10 installation CD, however I was unable to use my keyboard or mouse, and not able to enter in any commands. The startup would then go from the bios screen back to the same error. I attempted to reboot 2 or 3 times (getting the same issue).

Thinking it might somehow be related to my newly installed hardware, I changed back to the GTX 970. Upon doing so the computer will no longer turn on. There are no signs of power. I have reconnected all cables and tested the outlet (outlet works fine). It has been a couple hours and there is still no signs of life from my computer.

I'm afraid it may be a PSU (most likely) or MOBO dead. I would like any input if people have any ideas what else I might be able to do before I buy new parts.

Possibly relevant parts:
PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 B1 80 + Bronze 750 Semi Modular Power Supply
MOBO: MSI Intel z97 LGA 1150DDR3 USB 3.1 ATX Motherboard
Windows 10 installed on 250GB SSD Samsung 850 Evo
CPU Intel core I7-4790k Processor

The exact error:
Windows Boot Manager

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer.
Choose your language settings, and then click "Next."
Click "repair your computer."
If you don't have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

Info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.

PhysX_HW

Distinguished
So you are saying that it is not doing anything at all now. That's weird. Not even an LED or fan? Have you tried resetting the BIOS? Or using a different pcie slot for the VGA? Can you start it up with the integrated GPU? Also, you can try to disconnect everything and only leave the display output connected. Some USB devices can cause such problems.

accessingone

Reputable
Oct 18, 2014

Yes, unfortunately no power what-so-ever. No fans, no LEDs. I've made sure the power buttons are in their correct states too. Unfortunately when I tried resetting the bios none of my keyboard or mouse functions worked. At this point I wouldn't mind trying a different PCIE for the VGA but I cannot even get power to my system.