[SOLVED] Boot time on SSD 3+ Minutes

Aug 20, 2019
Specs: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/JmRT8Y

I've recently changed my setup into a new case. Everything went smoothly and worked as it should be, except for the boot time. Somehow it increased from (rough guess) 30 seconds to 2/3 minutes. starting from pressing the power button

From what i can see this happens: Press button > Turns on > Turns off-ish? (monitor says no connection, rgb KB/Mouse turn off but computer does not go off/on) > Turns on > and turns off-ish again > and turns on again > black screen > no POST logo > Log-in Screen.

Also in BIOS it shows windows boot manager as the main boot option, I can't change it to my main SSD.
When i look at my tracer with WPA it just shows the regular 1 boot with 34 seconds. So it doesn't seem to trace the full thing..

Comparing this with the 30 seconds times the turning on/off it kind off matches the 2/3 minute boot time. I have no idea sadly, anyone does?

Solution
If you're on Windows 10, you should leave the primary boot device alone. Windows Boot Manger IS your OS. On another note, since you can still boot into GUI for the OS, my suggestion is backup your critical content and then reinstall the OS.

Which version of the OS are you currently on? Latest BIOS for the motherboard?

Lutfij

Titan
If you're on Windows 10, you should leave the primary boot device alone. Windows Boot Manger IS your OS. On another note, since you can still boot into GUI for the OS, my suggestion is backup your critical content and then reinstall the OS.

Which version of the OS are you currently on? Latest BIOS for the motherboard?

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Solution