Question Boot to USB

spinningstill

Honorable
Jan 15, 2018
Dell computer stuck in repair mode. Cannot boot to USB. Even in BIOS not clear how to choose USB that is a WIN10 media creation tool. Inspiron 7000 i7.

I also try booting from USB via the repair options but it gives me an error that it wants a disk.

Last edited:

spinningstill

Honorable
Jan 15, 2018
Thanks Colif. For some reason this computer needed me to create another boot option which I did.

It seems to have Win10 Home on it and wants me to upgrade using the USB since I cannot find a Home version for the creation tool. Does the "Windows.old" always work in saving data? This is my mom's (78) machine and wanting to get her data off of it. She volunteers extensively for a non-profit. It all the sudden quit working.

I recently moved so most of my tools are in storage. Figured if I can get it running I can install backblaze then order a USB back up of her stuff and send it to her.

It is stuck in auto repair.

spinningstill

Honorable
Jan 15, 2018
Also, is there a way to get into the command line as an admin from the fix it page? I've done most all the boot fix commands but one says I don't have access.

I was able to get in initially when I first got the computer and do updates but then it went back to auto repair.