Question Boot training every time i turn off the power strip switch

Nov 18, 2022
Hi guys,

I recently replaced my 1600X cpu for a 5600X, system specs are as follows:

Motherboard - Asus Rog Strix X370-F Gaming (Running last BIOS version)
CPU - Ryzen 5 5600X
Memory - G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 3200 16GB 2x8GB CL14

In the past with my 1600X when i activated the DOCP mode, the system only did the training the first time, then it would boot up without doing any more training when i turned off my power strip (for example when i went to sleep or left my house).

After upgrading to 5600X, i reset the bios and enabled DOCP mode again, but every time i boot the computer after being without power (for example when I turn off the power strip) it performs the training, then it boots correctly.
It would be something like this > the fans start, turn off, start and turn off again and the third time the computer starts perfectly with its 3200MHz ram configuration.

Note > If I disable the DOCP mode and use default values in the BIOS the problem disappears.
And if I simply turn off the computer but don't unplug it, it doesn't happen.

Its normal?, any tip?

Hi guys,

I recently replaced my 1600X cpu for a 5600X, system specs are as follows:

Motherboard - Asus Rog Strix X370-F Gaming (Running last BIOS version)
CPU - Ryzen 5 5600X
Memory - G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 3200 16GB 2x8GB CL14

In the past with my 1600X when i activated the DOCP mode, the system only did the training the first time, then it would boot up without doing any more training when i turned off my power strip (for example when i went to sleep or left my house).

After upgrading to 5600X, i reset the bios and enabled DOCP mode again, but every time i boot the computer after being without power (for example when I turn off the power strip) it performs the training, then it boots correctly.
It would be something like this > the fans start, turn off, start and turn off again and the third time the computer starts perfectly with its 3200MHz ram configuration.

Note > If I disable the DOCP mode and use default values in the BIOS the problem disappears.
And if I simply turn off the computer but don't unplug it, it doesn't happen.

Its normal?, any tip?

Fast Boot enabled? If yes, try turning it off and seeing if you have to go through training with every boot.

Is it just DOCP that you have enabled? (any other BIOS OC adjustments)

Could be slightly unstable at the timings and frequency that it's trying. Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. What if you mimic the DOCP settings manually?

Nov 18, 2022
Fast Boot enabled? If yes, try turning it off and seeing if you have to go through training with every boot.

Is it just DOCP that you have enabled? (any other BIOS OC adjustments)

Could be slightly unstable at the timings and frequency that it's trying. Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. What if you mimic the DOCP settings manually?
Fast boot, i think yes, its enabled, but i dont know how to turn it off.
Second question, yep only docp enabled, no more options modified, i try to set manually the options and the issue appears.

Fast boot, i think yes, its enabled, but i dont know how to turn it off.
Second question, yep only docp enabled, no more options modified, i try to set manually the options and the issue appears.
There's an option in BIOS for Fast Boot. You may have to hunt around. This is just to test whether or not every full boot requires the BIOS training. My guess is that fast boot is enabling you to skip the training. (computer is not fully powering down)

As far as the reason for the BIOS training(?) I can only guess stability issues. Does DOCP adjust the memory voltage too? If not, maybe try giving the memory a very slight voltage bump. I would also boot from a memtest86 USB to verify memory stability. One full pass is good enough as the last few tests are very hard on the memory.

Nov 18, 2022
There's an option in BIOS for Fast Boot. You may have to hunt around. This is just to test whether or not every full boot requires the BIOS training. My guess is that fast boot is enabling you to skip the training. (computer is not fully powering down)

As far as the reason for the BIOS training(?) I can only guess stability issues. Does DOCP adjust the memory voltage too? If not, maybe try giving the memory a very slight voltage bump. I would also boot from a memtest86 USB to verify memory stability. One full pass is good enough as the last few tests are very hard on the memory.
Yep, it sets 1.35V .

Memtest86? or any other option?

TRENDING THREADS