Boot up issues

shishiou

Reputable
Oct 8, 2014
Reboot and select proper boot device. Is what it says but I select my cd drive and it continues to say this message. Any ideas on what's going on?

Msi 990fxa -gd65
Fx 6300
Kingston ram 1600
R9 Msi 280x
WD 1 Tb

Solution
The BIOS is not detecting the boot devices... see if changing the SATA controller settings helps. Try AHCI first and IDE Native second. Also check the HD and optical drive connections... check the data cables on both ends. If nothing works, reset the BIOS... Turn the PSU off or remove the AC power cable, remove the BIOS battery, press the power button and hold it for a full minute, and wait for 5 to 10 minutes before putting the battery back on and try booting the computer.
The BIOS is not detecting the boot devices... see if changing the SATA controller settings helps. Try AHCI first and IDE Native second. Also check the HD and optical drive connections... check the data cables on both ends. If nothing works, reset the BIOS... Turn the PSU off or remove the AC power cable, remove the BIOS battery, press the power button and hold it for a full minute, and wait for 5 to 10 minutes before putting the battery back on and try booting the computer.

Solution

shishiou

Reputable
Oct 8, 2014

It'll read the MSI Device installation disc just fine. So could it be that it's the disc itself that might possibly be the issue? I'll try all that above as well.

Check if the HD is listed in the BIOS boot devices. If it's listed, it's detected and the problem may be damaged HD boot sector, repairable with the Windows disk "Startup Repair". If it's not detected, try accessing it as data drive on another computer or via USB adapter. If still nothing, see if a Partition recovery software detects it (try at least two)... and if nothing, you can safely conclude it's dead.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=es-419&source=hp&q=partition+recovery+freeware&gbv=2&oq=partition+recovery+&gs_l=heirloom-hp.3.0.35i39j0l9.982.3755.0.4979.19.19.0.0.0.0.81.1298.19.19.0....0...1ac.1.34.heirloom-hp..0.19.1297.UuZZetJ3uYE