Boot up problems

Andy

After doing a M/Soft update 6 weeks ago,my PC now has
trouble booting up.Windows 2000(Service pack 4)won't load
and I get the message no DHCP or proxyDHCP found.Please
insert boot disk etc....Eventually after 20-30 attempts
(re:switching the PC on and off),windows loads and runs
fine.The PC is part of a network but is not the sever.
Hope this helps,thanks.

Andy,

You may be better calling in to MS or creating a WebResponse to best
diagnose this situation. If the problem just recently began it likely is
unrelated to the SP4 update.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/support/webresponse/pid/selectpid.asp

Regards
--
Mark R. Wilson, MCSA/MCSE i-Net+/Security+
Enterprise Platform Support

"Andy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After doing a M/Soft update 6 weeks ago,my PC now has
> trouble booting up.Windows 2000(Service pack 4)won't load
> and I get the message no DHCP or proxyDHCP found.Please
> insert boot disk etc....Eventually after 20-30 attempts
> (re:switching the PC on and off),windows loads and runs
> fine.The PC is part of a network but is not the sever.
> Hope this helps,thanks.

TRENDING THREADS