bootable disk for another computer

My friend's computer will not load windows. Can I make a bootable floppy for
her WIN ME computer with my WIN XP SP2 computer? Is there a place I can
download this? I saw an earlier thread about bootable disks but it seems
that is for using with the same computer. I want to make one for my friend
who can't load windows and has an OEM copy of WIN ME with no recovery disk
(she lost it)

--
Glenda P

1. Right-click on your Desktop and select New > Folder.
2. Rename the new folder "Bootdisk Download".
3. Visit www.bootdisk.com and download the Win 98 bootdisk file
to the "Bootdisk Download" folder you just created.
4. Once the file is downloaded, double-click on the "boot98.exe" file
and you'll be prompted to insert a blank floppy disk in your floppy
drive, then the files will be extracted to the floppy disk.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Glenda P." wrote:

| My friend's computer will not load windows. Can I make a bootable floppy for
| her WIN ME computer with my WIN XP SP2 computer? Is there a place I can
| download this? I saw an earlier thread about bootable disks but it seems
| that is for using with the same computer. I want to make one for my friend
| who can't load windows and has an OEM copy of WIN ME with no recovery disk
| (she lost it)
|
| --
| Glenda P

Hi Carey,
I got as far as double-clicking on the boot 98 file inside the bootable
disk download folder and it did not prompt me to save anywhere it prompted
me to RUN only.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks,
Glenda

thank you so much Carey I am sure she will appreciate this!
Glenda

Put a formatted diskette in drive A: and then when the program runs it will
write to the floppy. If you want a boot disk that can be downloaded and
then run from your desktop to create the floppy, go to Bootdisk.com at

http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm

and choose WindowsME OEM or Custom.

"Glenda P." <glendanow2000REMOVE@THESEhotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Carey,
> I got as far as double-clicking on the boot 98 file inside the bootable
> disk download folder and it did not prompt me to save anywhere it prompted
> me to RUN only.
> What am I doing wrong?
> Thanks,
> Glenda

Thanks Colin, I was concerned about the run option when I just wanted to
save it to give to a friend!

yw