[SOLVED] bootable usb laptop being a pain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone I have a hp stream 14-cb011wm
However it is infested with virus from the previous owner there is no major Trojan or malware or anything but a bunch of mishmash virus on it.... I was going to nuke the hdd with 010101 repeating 100 times but I can't get any bootable usb to load...

Windows 10
Deriks nuke "or whatever it is"
Windows 7 legacy mode enabled
Nothing seems to do anything just KEEPS BOOTING INTO WINDOWS 10!!! 👿👿👿👿, I go into bios and there are no drive boot option just boot order for random things that altering does nothing to even boot from usb os rom being first doesnt do anything.... Stike f9 during boot and "AGAIN NOTHING BUT STRAIGHT TO BOOT SCREEN" AHHHHH I wanna shoot this thing already this is getting redundant, f9 it ask if I wanna boot or boot from a second option "that's literally just the long back door back to you guessed it windows 10 already installed, I can't just trash it I'm not made of money but at this point it's literally about to get shot off my porch

just open the laptop and remove the hard disk, put the hard disk in a usb enclosure and connect it to another pc and format the hard disk in the usb enclosure. after that put the hard disk back into the laptop and try and go to bios and to boot from flash usb. try step 3 only here https://blog.room34.com/archives/5260
So I got it to boot from the usb however the hdd says the only "ONLY AVAILABLE" space is 29.1gb....??? I can't do anything at all as for removing the hdd I don't mess with laptops like that it will never go back together

So I got it to boot from the usb however the hdd says the only "ONLY AVAILABLE" space is 29.1gb....?
That's because of the way disk / computer vendors define "gb", it is not
Code:
1024*024*1024*1024,
but rather
Code:
1000*1000*1000*1000
So, assuming your laptop is marketed as having "32gb" storage, this translates to
Code:
32*1000*1000*1000*1000/(1024*1024*1024*1024) = 29.104GB

Note: Sorry for excessive "code"s, but thats the easiest way to have asterisks into the post

That's because of the way disk / computer vendors define "gb", it is not 1024102410241024, but rather 1000100010001000
So, assuming your laptop is marketed as having "32gb" storage, this translates to 321000100010001000/(102410241024*1024) = 29.104GB
i know his this is no longer my problem of size it's a problem of finding the right os. i figured out partly what i need everything, i'm starting to comprehend more.

The streaming laptop from hp take a eMMC drive for the os, it's only 29.1gb. it ALSO requires a specific windows 10 iso, i have partly found out what to do i have found one copy that was similar to what im looking for but the laptop denies it because it is missing i key drive so if i can find the right windows 10 os i have everything need to convert it and make a bootable usb. i'm looking for a compressed windows 10 in esd format thats like 8gb, i have the esd converter to iso and windows 7 usb/dvd tool but again need help finding windows 10 copy i need

The problem was with the on board ""firewall"" not sure if that's exactly it, but it was like the tpm security feature I had to delete it's current files and allow for current usb files to write new ones.
I still had to find windows 10 un edited in anyways x64 is to extract and use it's esd file for creating a smaller windows 10 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.