Question Booted up and suddenly can't get ~144fps and now dropping 5% frames on stream

Aug 16, 2019
I've been searching through the forum (pre account creation, via Google searches) trying to find a solution to this. I had a phenomenal night (Tuesday), dropping 0 frames on stream (as usual), and getting 140-144fps, playing Splitgate (Fullscreen, all max settings, 144fps). I shut the computer down, first time in maybe a week. Turn it on (Wednesday) and notice that I'm immediately dropping frames on stream, Splitgate as well as Realm Royale and even Steel Circus are getting frame drops to 100fps and eventually into the 80s. GPU is at 99% while playing, though I don't know if that's typical for me or not, I hadn't looked at it before now.

MSI B350M-PRO-VH-PLUS Gaming Motherboard
AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8gb kit 3000MHz
750w rosewill arc power supply
EVGA 1060 SSC Edition
Western Digital SDD

Corsair RAM has a profile set via the BIOs, set this way for weeks, can give more detail if needed.
GPU has power and temperature cutoffs increased via EVGA Precision X1, set this way for weeks, can give more detail if needed.
No other modifications or overclocking of any kind has been done.

I will mention that there WAS a Windows update somewhere between Tuesday and Wednesday, as in I shut the PC down (did not see any notification of update), turned the PC on, had all these issues, then checked if there was an update, and did the update and restart. Seems the issues were here before the update, but maybe something update related happened at the initial shutdown?

I've tried:
Restarting the PC half a dozen times.
Running Malware, no issues.
Updating Nvidia Drivers (an update was ready), then reinstalling that driver 2 more times.
Removed GPU, cleaned components with duster, re-seated GPU.
Double checking my Power Settings are on balanced, Ram profile still set, GPU power and temp ceilings still set.
Disabling processes at Startup and in the Task Manager.
Double checking Streamlabs settings are the same as what they were before Wednesday.
Turning off Cortana (all Windows Game Mode settings were and are off).
I've also installed MSI Afterburner to monitor settings while playing and streaming, but I'm not quite sure what to look at or what good/bad looks like.

That about sums it up I believe...I'm positive someone is going to be like "no doy, Bloodsport, do this..." and I'm gonna be like "Yooooo, I'm an idiot, thanks!" I just hope we get there sooner rather than later. Also, I do know my current GPU is a bottleneck and I will be rectifying that soon, but that shouldn't have bearing on my overnight frames issue.

Please let me know how I can help you help me!

EDIT: I'll also mention that I had, several weeks ago, upgraded from the Ryzen 5 2200G to the Ryzen 7 2700X, and that was not a smooth transition at all. PC stopped recognizing my SDDs in the Boot Order, was having some frame issues if I remember correctly. Seemed like maybe I needed to update my BIOS, but I was unable to (tried to do the USB Flash method but the PC couldn't ever find the new BIOS file on the drive) eventually these issues seemed to subside...If anybody can help with my BIOS issue...Bonus!

Last edited: