Question Booting Bucle after upgrade

Jun 5, 2019
Hello guys! Just today i recieved two 8G ram sticks. I own a Dell Latitude E6440 I7, originally it has two 4G ram sticks working perfectly.
I intalled the new ram sticks and the laptop won't boot i keeps trying to boot but nothing happens, just a beep sound comes out.

With just one stick happens the same, doesn't matters in which slot i place the memory.

It just boots if i combine one 4G stick with one of 8G. Both sticks (the old 4g AND the new 8g) are DDR3L 1600.

Where did you by the ram? It's possible they are faulty or not compatible.

List the exact model of the ram you bought.

TBH, although sometimes ram helps for multitasking, having more than 8gbs (your current 2 x 4) doesn't make much sense. It has a decent CPU, but has integrated Intel HD graphics. Because it's not a gaming machine and won't use up much ram, getting the extra ram isn't worth much in that laptop.

Try doing a BIOS update. OEM laptops can be picky when it comes to RAM, I would get something guaranteed to work in that system if the BIOS update does not help. Crucial is pretty good for getting memory with a guarantee it will work in the system if you get the memory from their part picker for your model.

Did you check if your system was maxing out the RAM while you are using it? You may get a bigger boost with a solid state drive if you don't have one already.

Jun 5, 2019
BIOS is up to date , the thing Is that i live in Venezuela, where everything is highly expensive and returning the ram to buy a new one it's not a great option at the moment. I already own a SSD and i gotta say it's running smooth.

Ram only reaches the top when rendering which it's actually the reason i decided to buy 16G so i could render faster

TRENDING THREADS