i m trying to boot my computer from the recovery cd (Wondows xp home editiong
with SP1A version SOFOooRCo4-B) but it does not want to boot from the cd, it
also does not tell me to press any buttons to boot from the cd, how can i
boot from the cd?

So-called recovery CDs are non-standard products. Each computer manufacturer
designs them to their own specifications, so the manufacturer of your
computer is best qualified to help you.

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."