[SOLVED] Booting from different drive

Feb 4, 2022
Hey, bought a new PC recently and it came with Windows 11 preinstalled. Can't roll back to Windows 10 etc which is fair enough. What I'm wondering is since I've transferred my SSD that contained Windows 10 over from my old PC can I just go ahead and change the boot order to put the Windows 10 SSD on top and go from there? Not gonna completely break my PC by doing this or anything like that am I? I need Windows 10 for certain programs etc

Solution
It is mainly down to me having problems when it comes to gaming and overall I just preferred Windows 10. Is there anyway around this then?
A full install of Win 10, on a different drive.
Then, installing all your software on it.

There is no magic to make it work otherwise.

USAFRet

Titan
Hey, bought a new PC recently and it came with Windows 11 preinstalled. Can't roll back to Windows 10 etc which is fair enough. What I'm wondering is since I've transferred my SSD that contained Windows 10 over from my old PC can I just go ahead and change the boot order to put the Windows 10 SSD on top and go from there? Not gonna completely break my PC by doing this or anything like that am I? I need Windows 10 for certain programs etc
Trying to boot from a drive_OS that lived in a different system often/usually fails.

It won't break the PC, but trying to do this rarely works.

What specific software do you have that works in Win 10 but fails in Win 11?
I've found exactly none so far.

Feb 4, 2022
Trying to boot from a drive_OS that lived in a different system often/usually fails.

It won't break the PC, but trying to do this rarely works.

What specific software do you have that works in Win 10 but fails in Win 11?
I've found exactly none so far.
It is mainly down to me having problems when it comes to gaming and overall I just preferred Windows 10. Is there anyway around this then?

USAFRet

Titan
And if you do go for the new Win 10 install, do it with only the ONE drive connected.
Physically disconnect your Win 11 drive.

Feb 4, 2022
And if you do go for the new Win 10 install, do it with only the ONE drive connected.
Physically disconnect your Win 11 drive.

Noted, thank you very much for your help