Booting from USB Drive on VMware

pcgui2001

Commendable
Jul 13, 2018
Hi Everyone,
Im learning to use VMWare Workstation 14 player. I am able to install windows 7 using a CD, but I made a windows 10 boot USB drive which i would like to boot from but cant seem to get it to work. What I have to do is install windows 7 and then install win 10 through "this pc". Does this make sense??

Solution
So I figured it out if anyone is in the same situation... During setup you get one hard disk which if you use the recommended settings which is an SCSI disk. Leave that one there hit finish. then when this VM is created and its in the list (b4 you run it ) go to edit virtual machine settings > add > next > choose SATA ,next> Choose "use a physical disk" , next > under "device" choose your usb drive. For me it was PhysicalDrive6. (You can see which one yours is by doing the diskpart command and then list disk). Next choose "Use entire disk" hit next, then finish. Hit OK to get out of settings and run your VM.

pcgui2001

Commendable
Jul 13, 2018
So I figured it out if anyone is in the same situation... During setup you get one hard disk which if you use the recommended settings which is an SCSI disk. Leave that one there hit finish. then when this VM is created and its in the list (b4 you run it ) go to edit virtual machine settings > add > next > choose SATA ,next> Choose "use a physical disk" , next > under "device" choose your usb drive. For me it was PhysicalDrive6. (You can see which one yours is by doing the diskpart command and then list disk). Next choose "Use entire disk" hit next, then finish. Hit OK to get out of settings and run your VM.

Solution