[SOLVED] Booting issues

Jun 30, 2020
Hey so I have my computer with an
I5 6600k
Amd 5500xt
24gb of ram

basically this was my old pc I replaced the gpu with a lower end one To repurpose as a second computer for my girlfriend and this computer worked fine but was running slower than normal I went to update the drivers for the gpu figuring it’s the only new part so that’s got to be where the problem lies and after updating drivers the computer rebooted itself I can get to the bios but after that I lose my display the fans are not running on the gpu at all I tried moving my hdmi to my mobo to see if I could get anything but nothing better happens I’ve reset my bios and I know it’s not my psu because I use to have a 2070 in this rig prior

Solution
You can try and enter windows from safe mode and uninstall the drivers and then reinstalling them.

Also if you can, i'd recommend for you to download DDU and clean uninstall the past nvidia drivers as they might be the reason why your pc now cannot boot up.

Tutorial on using DDU here
So I was able to get it into safe mode and from there I managed to load a backup and deleting the driver got the computer running again
Hey so I have my computer with an
I5 6600k
Amd 5500xt
24gb of ram

basically this was my old pc I replaced the gpu with a lower end one To repurpose as a second computer for my girlfriend and this computer worked fine but was running slower than normal I went to update the drivers for the gpu figuring it’s the only new part so that’s got to be where the problem lies and after updating drivers the computer rebooted itself I can get to the bios but after that I lose my display the fans are not running on the gpu at all I tried moving my hdmi to my mobo to see if I could get anything but nothing better happens I’ve reset my bios and I know it’s not my psu because I use to have a 2070 in this rig prior
You can try and enter windows from safe mode and uninstall the drivers and then reinstalling them.

Also if you can, i'd recommend for you to download DDU and clean uninstall the past nvidia drivers as they might be the reason why your pc now cannot boot up.

Jun 30, 2020

So I was able to get it into safe mode and from there I managed to load a backup and deleting the driver got the computer running again

Solution