Question Booting pc from new drive

gabriss422

Honorable
Jun 17, 2018
I have 500 HDD with Windows 10 installed, and my PC always booted from that drive. Recently I bought SSD, and I want to boot from SSD (currently it's empty). I haven't installed SSD yet. I don't want to lose anything from my HDD. Long story short, how do I move my windows from HDD to SSD

USAFRet

Titan
I have 500 HDD with Windows 10 installed, and my PC always booted from that drive. Recently I bought SSD, and I want to boot from SSD (currently it's empty). I haven't installed SSD yet. I don't want to lose anything from my HDD. Long story short, how do I move my windows from HDD to SSD
Within certain restrictions, you can clone the whole thing over.
You can't clone "only windows"

What size is the new SSD?
How space is consumed on your current HDD?
What OS is this?

USAFRet

Titan
120gb ssd, and 50gb is free on my 500gb hdd. I bought sdd just for windowns and nothing else.
If you have 450GB consumed space on your HDD, and a 120GB SSD...your options are reduced to one.
A clean install on that SSD.

"Windows only" is a flawed concept. It never ends up that way. And you want your applications on the SSD anyway.
Games and other data can live on the HDD.

I hope you got that SSD really cheap.
A 500GB MX500 is only ~$60 right now.

gabriss422

Honorable
Jun 17, 2018
If you have 450GB consumed space on your HDD, and a 120GB SSD...your options are reduced to one.
A clean install on that SSD.

"Windows only" is a flawed concept. It never ends up that way. And you want your applications on the SSD anyway.
Games and other data can live on the HDD.

I hope you got that SSD really cheap.
A 500GB MX500 is only ~$60 right now.
yeah ? tell that to lithuanian market, where 480gb ssd's costs over 100. And no, i dont want any aplications on sdd, only windows. Can you just reply to the main question without anything else ?

May 24, 2019
Go buy a 500GB-1TB ssd, then you can clone your hdd over to it, with Windows and everything else.

Otherwise, start moving stuff off your hdd to another disk until you get it under 100gb, then clone to your ssd.